Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Car Photography : Light painting with minimal gear


Hello!! and happy new year 2013 guys!!. For your information it's been two years since my 1st post here on blogger, so many thing I've learn thanks to Mr.G(Google).


And!! this time around I've tried a new skills, light painting. I do that on my cars. So here is how and what we need to get to done this project.

First thing first, get a Dslr with a kit lens will do as all my photo done here captured just with Nikon D3100 and Nikon 18-55mm kitlens. Yes you will need a tripod because we use long exposure setting here. If your camera support wireless triggered it is very useful right now. A softbox and a continues light, for my case I use head torchlight mounted DIY on my softbox.

Go to a dark place where is minimum light source can hit the car, park your car, assemble the tripod, get the camera ready. Find the good angle and try to imagine how the light gonna look like afterward. Get focus on by giving the car some light. This will make auto focus more easier to catch the focus point of your car. And for the setting I use mostly ƒ8, ISO 200, and depends on what I paint 20 to 30 seconds exposure. Start shooting with your desired light direction. Voila!! your done dude!! and this is my first time playing light painting. So I assume you guys can do better, there is tone of examples on the net.








Show Comments: OR

0 comments:

INSPIRATION

VISIT COUNTER

SOCIAL LINK

  © Copyright by hendrikphoto 2015 | My Flickr page

Back to TOP